About Broomfield Lodge
Broomfield Lodge offers a high standard of accommodation and care for the elderly and people with dementia. Whether you chose to stay at Broomfield Lodge permanently or just for a short break we will do everything possible to make your stay an enjoyable one.
Broomfield Lodge is a residential care home situated in the parish of Herne and Broomfield just a short drive to the seafront at Herne Bay. It has gardens to the front and rear and a car parking area. Locally we have a windmill, shops and park. We also have local churches and a choice of public houses. A bus stop is situated right outside.
- Our fully accessible Care Home is designed to be your Home too. Family and friends are able to visit whenever they wish and are welcome to join you in the privacy of your room or in the lounge.
- Our highly trained staff ensure our core values of encouraging independence, enabling choice and preserving dignity are not only upheld but also promoted in our every action.
- All residents are treated with respect and dignity. Each person is assessed to ensure we understand what they want and how they want to be cared for. We can then create an individual care plan to meet their needs.
The Home has recently undergone extensive refurbishment to the ground floor offering 3 new bedrooms with en-suites, a large bright lounge and dining room, purpose built kitchen and a new hairdressing salon. The existing ground floor bedrooms have also been refurbished.
Accommodation is over two floors and there are bathrooms and toilets on each floor and access to all floors can be made via a lift.
The Manager of Broomfield Lodge is Joanne Thomas who has the overall responsibility for the day to day running of the Home.
Broomfield Lodge is staffed by a team of dedicated and highly skilled carers, who are supported by the Manager, Deputy Manager, Head of Care, Housekeepers, maintenance staff and the Catering Team.
Each team member participates in continuous development and training to ensure that the most appropriate and up to date practices are adopted.
Our Aims & objectives
- To recognise your potential, promote independence and maximise your abilities for self care.
- Promote positive risk taking as an essential part of everyday life while ensuring that there is a balance between risk and your safety and that of others
- Respect your right as a citizen particularly with regard to privacy, dignity, choice, security, independence, fulfilment and to be treated equally in an environment which values your cultural needs and is free from discrimination, bullying or harassment.
Philosophy of care
We recognise that the number of years lived does not prescribe how a person of a given age should live, behave, think or feel. We will value your life experience and knowledge and work in partnership with you to plan your care, which will include opportunities for fulfilment and responsible risk taking.
We encourage residents to personalise their room to make it more like their own home with the addition of small items of furniture, personal effects, photographs and pictures.
- 21 single bedrooms
- En-suite facilities available
- TV lounge
- Dining room
- In-house commercial laundry facilities
- Regular entertainment
- Seasonal menu
- Visiting hairdresser, chiropodist, aroma therapist, dentist and optician
- Specialist lifting and bathing equipment
Testimonials"The choice of Broomfield Lodge for my mum has been justified by the excellence of the care and environment provided. Would happily recommend".
"I feel my mother is very happy here and the new refurbishment has transformed the home in to a lovely, bright comfortable place to live...".
"I've always been very happy with the care that my mum has received since she has been at Broomfield Lodge. The staff are lovely and the home is too!".
LinksSt Martins Care Home
Read the latest CQC Report
Kent County Council